03 Sep 'Because Art'
As copy editor of VICE.com, it’s my job to read every word that appears on our site and make sure everything is in its right place—that all the commas and semicolons are where they need to be, names and places are spelled correctly, and “fuccboi” is written in the proper style. Over the course of the day, some sentences from our stories catch my eye, usually because they’re good or funny or odd or compelling in some way. Here they are now, presented with zero context, for the week of August 28. To find out why they exist or how they were used, simply click the link for the full story.
– Much of this current visit has consisted of the four of us sitting in the living room illuminated by a maple syrup–scented candle my mom likely bought at Dollar General.
– Let us suffer together.
– Because art.
– The story behind it is much stranger than that.
– Toward the end of the night, I stood at the edge of the roof, the Hollywood sign in the distance, as I got my dick sucked.
– But there’s reason—a bunch of reasons, actually—to be skeptical.
– You can write about it in your VICE column.
– I have three very large geriatric Labrador Retrievers.
– For 20 years, people would call me and say, “You are going to love this, 15 people just got shot at McDonald’s.”
– It was the kind of conversation that changes lives.
Follow Alex Norcia on Twitter.